Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panerai 590 -

Hello All -

I'm thinking of buying a 590. Any thoughts from current or previous owners?

Thanks!

The 590 is on my shortlist for the next purchase also. I like that it's quite unique in the 44mm Bettarini / Luminor case range with the tritium color markers and 8GB logo that creates a well balanced dial opposite the small seconds.

I'm not a huge fan of the look of the P5000 movement but its hidden by the solid caseback so no big deal.

The 590 is also extremely versatile with straps - I don't think I've seen anything that doesn't look good on it...

Guess I'm shopping tonight!

Comment

It was the one that got me into Panerai, although I didn’t buy it! Once I realised it was a great fit I then went for a Base! Great looking watch.

Comment

Love the 590. Symmetrical, 8 Day with the P.5000. Although I'd prefer steel hands and a sandwich dial.

Comment

Hello guys and thanks for accepting me.

I bought myself a PAM 590 from chrono24. After my beloved Breitling Chronomat 44 B01 and also considering myself a Breitling fan, I can say Panerai is a beauty. Also the movement even though is not COSC certified, it keeps time in COSC margins. I am thinking if I should buy a bracelet as also I am a bracelet fan. I wonder why are bracelets so rare to find separately for Panerai? What I like a lot is the lume. The dial is not a sandwich dial but also is not a sausage one. It's somehow a sandwich dial but with the lume at the same level as the disk dial. The disk dial has holes where the numbers are and they are full with lume. What is painted is the Panerai Luminor text and 8 giorni brevettato.
          Last edited by imhotep; 05-08-2023, 06:44 PM.

Comment

I love that model because of the signature on its 8-day dial, the movement makes you not worry about winding it all week, and the case is very comfortable, and like all Pam chameleons with the straps.
            They also have very good second-hand prices in relation to what it cost new​

Comment

Beautiful ❗️

Comment

After I checked P.5000 percision in a week with the watch sitting face up on the desk, I put it on the side. The difference seems huge. After a week it gains 5 second a day, kept face up when not on the wrist. After 2 days of keeping it on the side when not on the wrist, seems it gains maybe 1 second a day. The result will be correct after a week.

Comment

Huh. I would have expected the opposite, but I've never looked into this beyond knowing it can be a thing.

Comment

Well it's just a test. I guess what it gains during the day on the wrist, it looses during the night and because of this it's almost like a quartz movement in precision.

Comment

Owned one and really liked it. I found it to be a lot of fun with straps and was great while diving as well. I moved the OWL on to another future paneristi who purchased it from as his first Panerai.

Comment

This was my first Panerai and to this day I still think it is one of the most beautiful references out there.

You cannot go wrong with this one!

Comment

Not a current nor a previous owner - 590 has a very balanced dial, I like it.

Comment

Working...
                          X