Pre-owned direction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pre-owned direction

As a relatively new comer to the Pamily I am always looking for recommendations for finding a discontinued watch amd not getting scammed! If the intent here is to do more vetting prior to getting access to the forum, hopefully that can become easier to identify. And any leads to a great 183 is appreciated!!

Yes, the new forum will have everyone vetted in some way. That does not mean that someone could not slip by so it will always be important to do your own checking. If you have not, let bruce at watches24seven know what you are looking for.

Comment

Due diligence. Don’t buy the seller. Check him out. References can be faked etc.

search him out on Google. Check out his feedback on other forums. Buy from known members and vouched for by known members. Little harder now due to the new forum. I have 2 posts, so no reason to trust me. Old forum. Over 5000 posts

People get scrammed when they’re in too much of a rush and ask questions after the fact

DON

Comment

I’ve checked people in LinkedIn. Called references or previous dealers they’ve bought.

looked through posts from years past and see if I can find an email to contact

like Don says - due diligence

Comment

The old adage applies that if it seems like too good of a deal…..you know the rest. Every aspect of a Panerai can be faked these days including documents. However, triple boxes, signed paperwork with warranty cards and a reputable, vetted seller is generally a safe bet. Lots of photos including matching numbers on the cardboard box with the accompanying documents always helps. I will never even consider a watch that doesn’t have every single little thing that came from the factory.

Comment

Has anyone dealt with Dan Fernandez? I have found very positive feedback testimonials on a few different brand forums, he has watches listed in several places and appears to have been in the game for a number of years. Based on research, he has sold some interesting PAM's so curious if he is a good/trusted resource. I'm always leery of buying online. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
            X